- All City of Framingham Municipal and School Buildings will be closed on Friday, January 5, 2018 due to inclement weather including the Memorial Building, Framingham Public Libraries, Loring Arena, the Callahan Center and the Parks and Recreation facilities. All non-essential employees shall remain home and are not to report to work on Friday, January 5, 2018.
Framingham Public Schools
- Framingham Public Schools will be closed on Friday, January 5, 2018. For information regarding Framingham Public Schools and school delays or closings visit, Framingham.k12.ma.us
- Trash and recycling collection has been on a holiday schedule this week, but due to inclement weather, the City is delaying collection by an additional day. So, if your regular pick up is Wednesday, it will be picked up on Friday; if your regular pickup day is Thursday, it will be picked up Saturday; and if your regularly scheduled pickup day is Friday, it will be picked up Sunday.
- The Recycling Drop-off Center at 255 Mount Wayte Avenue, typically open Thursday through Sunday, will be closed this week/weekend and will reopen beginning next Thursday, January 11, 2018.
Click here to view Eversource's power outages map.
Weather Emergency Parking Ban Information
- A weather emergency parking ban will go into effect at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, January 4, 2018 and will remain in effect until 8:00 a.m. on Friday, January 5, 2018.
During a weather emergency parking ban, parking is prohibited on all arterial roads. These roads are posted with red and white signs.
Residents and motorists are advised to seek off-street parking during town snow plowing operations, as any vehicle obstructing or interfering with plowing operations is subject to ticketing and towing regardless of existing parking regulations for that particular street.
Odd/even parking restrictions exist on all arterial and non-arterial roads in town, including the resident parking zone and three hour parking zones.
During emergencies information may be available from a number of sources. It is important to sign up for and be prepared to get information in several ways since not all methods are used for all emergencies, and power outages and other effects of the disaster may cause disruptions in how people get information.
- Sign up for Blackboard Connect (Reverse 9-1-1)
- Register for Town of Framingham Municipal News & Announcements
- Stay connected with social media, "Like" the Town of Framingham on Facebook and "Follow" @Framingham_MA on Twitter
- Download the Massachusetts Emergency Management's (MEMA) Massachusetts Alerts Smartphone App
- "Like" MEMA's Facebook page, "Follow" @MassEMA on Twitter or visit MEMA's webpage
- Stay up to date with the latest forecast by visiting www.weather.gov
- Call 2-1-1 for Non-Emergency Assistance
- Register for Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority T-Alerts or download the MBTA's app that best meets your need
- Visit the MetroWest Regional Transit Authority for updates on bus routes